We finally gave in an bought a fake, pre-lit tree...and I'm so glad we did! Every year we fight with the real tree and forget to water it and spend most of our time vacuuming up pine needles. I think I was most excited about not having to wrap lights around the branches! There is no theme to our tree. Growing up, our tree was filled with decorations from over the years like photos and home made ornaments. I like to carry on that tradition. Sure, a "themed" tree is probably prettier but I like that there is a story to almost every ornament on our tree that we can reminisce about.

Isn't this what everyone wants their tree to look like?? I was cracking up at Caleb's decorating skills. He put everything from the Christmas tree box on the tree. I started taking it down and he got mad and said he was decorating the tree! I had to sneak it off later.

I just realized that this is the only full body shot of the tree. So you're gonna have to look at me adjusting the star. Whoops...next year I will get a full on shot!

Caleb "adjusting" the ornaments. I found ornaments daily around the house, some broken. I think the tree was pretty bare by the time Christmas came around.

Ethan was a big helper like always. He loves to help us do anything. He feels very important.

He really loved standing on this ladder to put the more breakable items at the top.

But of course he still had to be silly for the camera. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment