Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baseball Mania!



Well, we've finally done it. Both boys are playing baseball at the same time. I have looked forward to/dreaded this time in our lives. Ethan is playing CP2 (coach pitch 2) for the Astros and Caleb is playing Tball for the Oriels. When I first filled my calendar with the games/practices/snacks for both boys I was completely overwhelmed. They both have practice and 2 games every week. Poor Mondo gets the worst end of the deal when they both have games on Saturday and I'm asleep.

This is the first year that Ethan and Will are not on the same team. We requested the same coach but somehow ended up on different teams. I think it worked out for the best since they have to learn sometime that they can't be together forever! They played each other on their first game. Ironic.






Stretching before the game.



Check out #4 dancing when he's supposed to be stretching...yep, that's Ethan.






The cheering section. Caleb has been looking forward to Ethan's games so he can eat popcorn. We only get to watch part of the games because we spend all of our time at the concession stand!


He got the "game ball" at his second game for have an awesome play. Of course, I wasn't at that game. And I missed him getting the game ball last season too! Ugh!






All ready for his first tball game!


Ethan was bummed to have to sit through Caleb's game and be "bored". Luckily one of his friends was there so he ran around with him.


This baseball guy was at the fields since it was opening weekend. I thought he was kinda creepy looking.


That's Caleb squatting, clearly bored with the game. He spends most of his time at practice playing with rocks on the ground.


He looks so tiny! I was just proud that he hit the ball and ran the right direction!


About halfway through the game, Caleb was teary and said he wanted to go home. Mondo had to sit with him in the dugout and go on the field with him. He's the same age that Ethan was when he started, but Ethan had several friends on his team. Caleb doesn't know anyone. I'm already feeling like I should've waited to sign him up for baseball. He doesn't really seem into it. :-(


We ran into the Airhog guy after the game. Remember William Brazelton from church? That's who is inside that costume. Small world!







Caleb's first hit!


I didn't get a good video of Ethan. I'll have to try again....

No comments: