Friday, November 2, 2007

34 Week Appointment (may contain a little TMI)


I'm too tired to download and post any pics tonight but I will add some soon. I had my OB appointment today. I actually saw the nurse practioner. She was really good. I woke up yesterday with no voice (I've been fighting a cold or something for 2 weeks). Before she even addressed my pregnancy concerns she said she wanted to look in my ears, nose, and mouth. She thought it was probably a virus since it's been so long and I have no fever and I don't really feel that bad. Now onto the burning questions. I told her that I have daily, consistent, painful contractions that I have to take Brethine for and I thought I lost some of my mucus plug last week. She checked me and said that the outside opening of my cervix was really "floppy", open, and soft and that the inside was dilated to a fingertip. She could also feel the head, not through the cervix but around it. She didn't seem like she thought I was in labor but told me to take it easy and drink lots of fluids...blah, blah, blah. How many times can I hear that speech? So I listened really well and went home and washed the dogs. They were really stinky! So, I've decided that I'm going to have contractions until 40 weeks then be induced because I haven't actually gone into labor. Now I'm off to do my nails because tomorrow night is my 10 year high school reunion. I'm gonna look lovely. I post a pic when I'm all dressed up. Until then......

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Say hi to everyone at the reunion for me. Because the reunion price was so high, I decided not to add the cost of driving in to it, and not go.