He can hold his head up for short periods of time.
Yes, my tiny baby is one month old. I was going to write an update about his Dr.'s appointment today but he didn't get seen! I'm so mad! I made sure the appointment was while Ethan was in school, I made other arrangements for Ethan to be picked up from school, I wasn't able to run errands, and I didn't have time to eat lunch...all for this appointment. I knew I hadn't received my insurance cards yet so I made sure that I wrote down our numbers so his claim could be processed. The woman at the front desk of the pedi office checked with the insurance and said that Caleb is not on the insurance (even though I know I had him added on) so I would need to call and verify that he is added. AND, I could not be seen today unless I wanted to pay out of pocket. How stupid would I be to pay out of pocket when I have insurance (unless he was sick, of course I would). But this was just a one month checkup that doesn't involve shots or labs. He might not even get a one month checkup because by the time I get this all sorted out it will be time for his two month appointment. UGH. So, I left the office in tears (darn hormones are still flowing I guess).
So, here's my nursing assessment of Caleb. He's doing great. He probably weighs around 10 pounds. He is eating like a champ. He can already smile and hold his head up and I swear he's thinking about rolling over. He tolerates tummy time a lot better than Ethan did. He's still a happy baby with a few crying spells now and then. But, hey, who doesn't feel like screaming every now and then...I know I do!




1 comment:
Darn Insurance... Haven't you already taken him to the doc? Was he covered then?
He is a cutie and I can't wait to see him on Sunday!!
Glad to hear everything is going good!
Post a Comment